Argument is the worst sort of conversation. - Jonathan Swift
Crappy day to begin with but I know that I'm not easily bothered with 'flies buzzing around me'. "Fear is not the natural state of civilized people." Aptly put by Aung San Suu Kyi (this is one woman I have high regards for). And "Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength". Hmmm, that reminds me of another saying, "Rights that do not flow from duty well performed are not worth having." Very true!
Jo was wondering how come I appeared calm in the midst of a 'volcanic eruption'. For one, "there is nothing stronger in the world than gentleness". I learnt that from a dear friend. Sometimes, the most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said. In this case, it was the pressure to bring the dough in, not so much of a tardy work. For another, I am glad that Jo stood up for us. Hence, the need for me to say nothing coz what was said was all good. "United we stand, divided we fall, eh?"...
Lucky for me, everyone loved the cookies I made. Also, I had a housewarming party to attend to (time to de-stress!). The cheese crab was yummy (my mind was running through the list of possible ingredients that go into making the award winning crab, hmm time to experiment in the kitchen!). Besides the food, Ryan's home was cozy - a modern resort feel with simple lines; didn't have my camera with me, darn! Oh well, glad he liked the gift. End this blog with a song from U2...
I'm not afraid of anything in this world
There's nothing you can throw at me that I haven't already heard
I'm just trying to find a decent melody
A song that I can sing in my own company...
And if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if your way should falter
Along the stony pass
It's just a moment
This time will pass
No comments:
Post a Comment